Wednesday, June 8, 2016

15mm AB, Eureka and CGN Napoleonics Comparison

As promised in my June update, here is a comparison of 15mm Napoleonics from AB, Eureka and Campaign Game Miniatures (CGM).


AB Prussian Infantry | Eureka French Infantry | CGM French Infantry

I found them to be in that same order in terms of quality and pose.

The AB are great with a great proportion and posturing and nice clean detail that really pops out once you prime the figure to paint. At $1.05 each they are the most expensive.

AB Prussian Infantry

AB Prussian Infantry

1815 is a gap in the AB offering and luckily Eureka Miniatures steps in with a few 18mm lines to compliment the AB range. My little 1815 French infantryman is just as good. And a little cheaper at $0.88 each!

Eureka French Infantry

Eureka French Infantry

Finally I tried a fairly new company from Spain called CGM. Research shows they have a good quality line and so I ordered a brigade of French infantry. (I meant to order British to round out my orders but somehow got sidetracked). Not as happy with these. Posture is strange for me as he almost looks like hes swayed to the side to let one off lol. The greatcoat/bedroll looks a little small as well. Still a fairly clean cast but the detail doesn't pop out with a primer like it does with AB and Eureka. I may not order more of these. Around $0.60 each.

CGM French Infantry

CGM French Infantry

Now off to paint them all :-/

No comments: