Monday, September 19, 2016

15mm Napoleonic French Flag Prototype

Having gathered all the flags I need as image files from all over the internet I cut them all up into individual units and named them and then added them into a Word document where I can resize them very easily.

To begin with I decided upon 13mm high as the flag image per unit is wider than it is high. I then saved the document as a pdf file and printed it on a black and white printer to make sure the size is right.

I cut out the 1st unit flag and added it to the figure but it was way too big to fit.

The images were all resized to 11mm high instead and the file resaved and then reprinted.

This new flag was then applied to the figure with much better results.

The next step was to print the file again in colour and apply them to the figures.

Now I need to finish painting the Brigade Commander and that 1st Brigade of the 1st Division of the 1st Corps of French at Waterloo will be complete. Then on to the 2nd Brigade!

No comments: